- To incite a general eco-friendly attitude to achieve the ecologically and socially sustainable lifestyle ;
- Defend ecologically and socially sustainable behavior/a lifestyle as cleanliness is not simply a result of hygiene and sanitation requirements, but also an important aspect of daily life, contributing to its social, economic, security and environmental aspects (ODDs );
- Increase awareness of individuals, citizens, businesses and administrations based in Geneva to the importance of urban cleanliness and the waste recycling issues;
- Organize collective actions in order to encourage increasing participation of residents of the city;
- Promote each and everyone’s daily participation in the mission of making and keeping the city clean;
- Promote collaboration with foundations and associations that have a similar mission.
Our association builds its work around four recurring actions:
The Great Spring Clean
The first Great Spring Clean action takes place by end March and includes a floral arrangements’ competition of the buildings and yards.
Organised in collaboration with the Maisons de Quartier, Estate Agencies and Geneva Tourism Foundation it invites entreprises and individuels to participate in cleaning of their buildings’ bases, adjacent streets and sidewalks with eco-friendly products, followed by flowers and shrubs/bushes’ planting.
This action is accompanied by plogging and other eco-sport activities, organized in collaboration with the neighbourhood sport centers.
The Neighbours' Day Great Clean
The second City Great Cleaning action takes place on the third Friday of May to kick off the Neighbours’ Day.
This is a good opportunity to meet your neighbours and live together a memorable experince by choosing a cleaning activity:in front of your appartment building, in the internal courtyard, adjacent streets or sidewalks, followed by flowers and shrubs/bushes’ planting (with the building’s owner/regie permission) or a plogging actions, organized in collaboration with the sport coaches.
For more information on the Neighbours’ Day activities you are invited to visit: https://www.ville-ge.ch/immeublesenfete/home.html
National Clean-Up Day
In collaboration with the Maisons de Quartier, Estate Agencies and Geneva Tourism Foundation (including a floral arrangements’ competition of the buildings and yards). Cleaning of buildings’ bases, adjacent streets and sidewalks with eco-friendly products, followed by flowers and shrubs/bushes’ planting. Accompanied by plogging actions, organized in collaboration with the neighborhood sport centers.
End of Year City Great Clean
The forth City Great Clening action takes place during the second week of December and inlcudes plogging activities,organised in collaboration with SantEscalade, streets and buildings’ bases cleaning, followed by competition of streets and buildings decoration for Christmas.
Legal Corner, Practice & Opinions
- Plogging is a combination of jogging with picking up litter (Swedish: plocka upp). A jogger is supposed to be equipped with a waste bag to collect the waste that is found on the jogging pass. This exercise allows to variate the body movements by adding bending, squats and stretching to the main exercise.
- City Gardening description to come